Community Based Care Program
UMMC Midtown Campus
827 Linden Ave.
Armory Building Suite D
Baltimore, MD 21201
The Community Based Care Program supports people living with HIV to maintain and improve their physical and mental health by staying engaged in their healthcare. The team works closely with a patient's medical team, but can provide a level of services and support that is not available within a regular clinic setting.
The program can assist in many different ways, depending on each person's needs, strengths, and goals.
Services offered include:
- Helping patients coordinate scheduling and/or transportation to appointments
- Helping patients coordinate care between multiple health care providers or clinics
- Coordinating tele-health appointments or blood draws for home-bound patients
- Helping patients find ways to take medications as prescribed
- Helping connect patients to support groups and HIV or other illnesses
- Helping connect patients to other programs that can help with:
Substance use treatment
Mental health treatment
Other social benefits and services
- Patients can be checked in on in their home or other community setting (such as a shelter, hospital, medical rehab program, drug rehab program, other clinic etc.)
- Check for medical equipment needs and safety of home setting
- Check on medication and how a patient is taking them
- Provide patient with support to define and meet their goals
Questions? Call 410-952-5460